The cleanliness of your facility is always important to the success of your business. However, during times when there’s especially high traffic – like the holiday season – it’s essential that you keep your company running in top condition.
To preserve your office’s sparkling appearance, start by caring for your floors. While having floors clean and clear of dirt, scuff marks, wet spots and debris is important to maintain your facility’s pristine condition, your floors’ condition is also crucial for employee and customer safety.
Find out how you can take care of your flooring and help keep everyone safe this holiday season with tips from the experts.
Common Floor Hazards During Holidays
While scuff marks and dirt are common year-round, holidays bring much more foot traffic into stores and businesses. Some common holiday-specific hazards your facility may experience include:
- Wet spots from snow and rain, which increase slip-and-fall risks
- Caked-on dirt and debris in carpet and tile
- Saturated floor mats or water damage near entrances
- Mud tracks through high-traffic areas
- Snow-, ice- or rain-covered walkways leading up to your business
While you should continually monitor floor conditions to reduce safety hazards in winter, especially, you also shouldn’t excessively clean your floors. Too much wax on hard flooring can be slippery, and overdoing it with the vacuum can fray and damage carpet, which is unsightly and increases the risk of potential trips and falls.
Floor and Carpet Care During the Holiday Rush
To help keep your floors shiny and looking their best, follow these general floor care instructions:
- During the day, mop up any puddles, wet spots, or other caked-on dirt problems as soon as you see them.
- Prominently display safety cones to alert customers to take precaution in wet or damp areas.
- Sweep twice or more during store hours to remove excessive dirt and grime from the floors.
- Once the store closes, mop and vacuum up any dirt, taking extra care around entrances and other high-traffic areas in the store.
- Squeegee hard floors after treatment to remove any slippery residue leftover from cleaning.
Contact the Professionals at The Heiser Group today!
Read more at:servicemasterclean.com