Just because your office has the appearance of cleanliness, doesn’t mean that there’s nothing nefarious lying underneath.
Most workspaces could definitely use the added benefit of office cleaning services. Don’t believe us? Here are our 10 most surprising statistics about the cleanliness and healthy habits of the average office space.
- There are over 20,000 germs per square inch that live on your keyboard, computer mouse, and office chair.
- The average office worker’s desk has about 10 million bacteria. This is 100 times more than the typical kitchen table and 400 times more germs than the average toilet seat.
- 27% of Americans eat breakfast at their desk, making for a mess of crumbs at their work stations.
- 62% of Americans eat lunch at their desks as well.
- Only 20% of the people who eat at their desk clean their workspace before eating at it.
- The dirtiest surfaces in an office are a microwave, keyboard, mouse, sink, vending machine, refrigerator handles, and water fountains.
- Men’s workspaces are, on average, 20% dirtier than women’s.
- Diseases can be transferred through a variety of items. 25% of water cooler buttons are considered a serious risk for transmission of various diseases.
- Office phones have approximately 25,000 germs per square inch.
- Without daily sanitizing, office surfaces’ bacteria count increase 30% every day.
Surprised? Thinking about never touching anything in the office again? No need! The best way to keep your office clean is to invest in a quality office cleaning service.
Read the full article at: executive-clean.com